Facilitator's Guide - Family Playlists Kick-off Event – ;
Flier - Family Playlists Kick-off Event – ;
Slides - Family Playlists Kick-off Event – ;
If you are using Family Playlists with your classes this year, read on for more information about hosting a Family Playlist kick-off event at your school.
Why host a Kick-Off Event?
Hosting a kick-off event at your school is a great way to ensure families have a great experience with Family Playlists for the rest of the year. The primary goals of a kick-off event are to:
- Introduce Family Playlists and share why you are using them with your classes this year
- Ensure families understand how to access Family Playlists at home
- If time allows, provide students and families with an opportunity to practice working together on a Family Playlist
Tips for Hosting a Family Event
- Host the event at a convenient time for families (ex: in the evening) Encourage students and families to attend together
- Invite a staff-member or parent volunteer to help translate, if needed
- If your school’s budget allows, provide snacks
- Provide crayons and coloring pages for younger siblings who need to tag along
- Review the resources in the Facilitator's Guide to prepare materials for the event