While PowerMyLearning Connect has over 100 certified Family Playlists that are ready to assign, you also have the option of editing these playlists to suit your students' needs, or building a new one from scratch! Follow the instructions below to build your own custom Family Playlist.
1. In the My Playlists section, Navigate to the My Playlists tab at the top of your screen and click the Create New Playlist button.
2. For the Select Type option, choose Family Playlist, enter the title for your Family Playlist and click the Create button.
3. Now that you have created your Family Playlist, you can start customizing each section. Enter specific instructions in the Instructions field, or keep the standard ones already provided. If you would like to add any notes for yourself or other educators (they will not be visible to students), do so in the Author Notes section. You can also add Grades, Subjects, Standards, and Keywords. For more information on this process, read our Build a Playlist article.
6. Click on the Family Exploration tile to add an activity your students will complete with a family partner. This section is mandatory. You will not be able to assign a Family Playlist if you leave the Family Exploration section blank.
7. To see examples of a Family Exploration Activity, click on the View Samples link.
8. While you cannot edit the Family Feedback section, you can preview it by clicking on the Family Feedback tile.
Congratulations on building Family Playlist from scratch! For information on how to assign this playlist to your students, read our Assign a Family Playlist article.