This article is for creating student and family partner accounts for existing classes. For instructions on how to add student and family partner accounts to new classes, read our Create a Class and Accounts article.
Educators can create Student and Family Partner accounts for their existing classes from their Class Rosters page. There are three methods for creating these accounts.
Follow the guide below to get started, or click one of the sections above to jump to that method.
1. To begin adding individual students and family partner accounts click the Add Student button.
2. Enter your student's first and last name, their date of birth, and a unique username and click the green checkmark.
3. Once the student account is created click the arrow to the left of their name and select the Create Family Partner Account option.
4. Enter the family partner's first name, last name, phone number AND/OR email address and click the green checkmark.
1. Open your class roster and in the Upload section, click the Students and Family Partners button.
2. In the "Bulk Upload Wizard" click the Download our Excel Template to download and open the Excel template.
3. In the Excel template, enter your student and family partner information (make sure to include a phone number and/or an email address). Once finished, Save and Close the Excel file.
4. Back in the account creation wizard, click the Choose File button, select the modified Excel template and click the Open button in our file browser.
5. Once the Excel template has been chosen, click the Next button.
6. If there are any errors in your modified template, you can correct those in the wizard. Hover your cursor over any errors for an explanation.
7. If a student in the Excel template already has a PowerMyLearning account, you will choose whether to use their existing account (Merge new student information with the selected existing account) or to create an entirely new student account (Create a new student account).
8. Once the bulk upload is complete, you will have the option of printing login cards for your students. Each card includes the student's username and their temporary password. Student use the temporary password to log into their account for the first time. The system will prompt them to create a new password. If you choose not to print login cards now, you can print them at any time from your class rosters page.
9. Once the bulk upload is complete, you will see your students listed in your class roster.
If the students in your class do not have any linked family partner accounts, you can create those in bulk by following the instructions below.
1. On your class rosters page, click the Family Partners Only button in the Upload section.
2. In the bulk upload wizard, click on the Download our Excel Template link to download a template that includes your existing student account information.
3. In the Excel template, the grey areas (student information) is not editable. Enter the family partner information in the cells provided and save the Excel file.
4. Back in the bulk upload wizard, click on the Choose File button.
5. In your file browser, choose the Excel template you added family partner information to and click the Open button.
6. Once your file has been selected click the Next button.
7. If there are any formatting errors, you will be able to fix them in the bulk upload wizard. If there are no errors then you will be redirected to your class rosters page where you can see the connected student and family partner accounts.